Thursday, September 23, 2010

The natural consequences...

I had a coupon for a free Chick-Fil-A meal for my birthday. I wound up getting Tracie a meal too so we could home and eat lunch together. All day long, she's been whiny. She woke up at 3:30 this morning having to go potty and then Emma wanted to keep her up to play. They eventually went back to sleep, but she's been really whiny lately anyway. She's impatient and just whines to ask for everything. I tell her to quit crying and talk to me with her big girl words...she will, but then she'll go right back to whining. It's been a work in progress for the last couple of years...she had been doing better, but I think getting used to the school year has set her back some. Anyway, all day long she's been impatient and whiny...we took Josiah to school and then she started whining where we were going next. I told her we were going to get lunch and then we were going home. We pulled in by Targer and she started crying that she wanted to go in. Again, I explained that we were going through the drive-thru and then we were going home. We pull into the drive-thru and she starts crying that it's taking too long. I get the food ordered and we wait to pay and she's crying that she wants her food. We just pull in the driveway and she's gotta start yelling to get her seatbelt off. I get the baby and her inside and she starts screaming that the food is still in the car. I explained that I had to make trips as I only had 2 hands. We get to the table and I pull out her food and she starts screaming bloody murder that she doesn't want to eat her chicken. At that point I told her that is what she picked and chicken is one of her favorite foods and that she had two choices...she was going to stop her whining and eat her lunch or if she continued to whine she was going to choose to go take her nap. The fit escalated and she started flailing her arms and bouncing up and down and screaming louder. I told her she picked to go take her nap and I put her up in her room. She started screaming that she didn't want to have to eat her sandwich. I put her in her room and now I'm the meanest Mommy ever. I told her that I loved her and that I was sorry that I had to put her in her room, but her actions were telling me that she was overtired and needed a nap. I guess her lunch will be her dinner tonight instead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home