Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tracie and Speech

Lord, please help me with Tracie and her stubbornness. She doesn't want to do things and she either plays cute and smiles and laughs at everyone when she either doesn't know something or doesn't want to do something or she starts to cry or whine her way out of it. Neither one works to get her out of doing it, but it doesn't stop her from trying. She's throwing fits at the therapists and trying to get out of doing her speech and when we try to practice her sounds she's flat out refusing to do it or she's throwing a fit. I turned on a show called "Brainy Baby" today. Josiah was saying all the vocab words outloud and I wanted Tracie to do the same. She struggles with knowing the words for things all of the time even though it's in her brain and something she's known before, she struggles with knowing the word at times. It's one of her little quirks that we're still trying to figure out. She needs a lot of repetition to learn things. Anyway, I wanted her to say the vocab words with Josiah, she looked at me and gave me that "nope, I'm not going to." look and I told her that it was just practicing...it was fun. She refused to do it. I don't know how to get her to learn her sounds and her words and I wish she'd let go of this stubborn attitude. Please help her to realize that we're all just trying to help her so that she can be better understood.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home