Monday, December 13, 2010

Attachment-Focused Parenting Days 18-21

Things are going well. The time-ins are getting less and less. I'm happy with the way that things are going. Still working on certain things, but things are going in the right direction. I think we have stumbled upon something good. It is a pain to have to go and sit with them when they do something wrong as it means that I have to stop working on what I am working on. But, it is working. Josiah had one really bad meltdown one day where he threw a major fit in my lap for 40 minutes. That was hard. That's the first big fit that he's thrown like that in a long time, but we worked threw it and I just sat and held him. Of course, he turns on the drama when I hold him in time in and he's constantly yelling that he can't breathe or that he's hurt or that I won't let him out. I'm not holding him any differently than when they ask to sit on my lap during the day time so it's not like I'm hurting him in any way shape or form. It's all drama on his part. We just sit there until he can calm down and then we can talk about what happened.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home