Sunday, June 05, 2011

Couponing

Ok, so I'll admit it. I used the occasional coupon here and there, but the show Extreme Couponing peeked my interest. Could we really save money on groceries like that? I didn't want to be extreme about it, but we started gathering some coupons together and being a little more serious about learning how to do it. I've read quite a few blogs and tried to learn. We had saved about $17.57 in coupons since the beginning of the year until Andy and I decided to sign up with www.savingsangel.com on May 30th. This weekend we went out for our grocery shopping trips with a goal to save at least 25%. Well, we managed to save $46.04 total and had an average savings rate of 22.7% We were pretty excited. So, year-to-date we've saved a total of $63.61. I can't wait to see what we do next weekend when we go out again!

PS. If anyone wants to check out savingsangel.com our referral id is 43162. I really like them as they take a lot of the guess work out of where all the sales are and save you some time. Not to mention they point you to coupons that you can print out and stuff like that too. Seeing how much we saved this week definitely tells me that it's worth it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home