Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Labwork

Since the kids had Vacation Bible School this week, I jumped at the chance to finally go get my labwork done without having to tote all the kids with me. I had to go in for labwork and Melina needed a urine re-check. I know the doctor isn't going to be happy with how my blood sugars have been, but I am working on them. I'm going to ask him to do a recheck in 6 weeks so that I can show him that. With all the stress of Melina having pneumonia and so forth, I've put myself on the backburner. God revealed to me one day that I can't be any help to anyone else if I don't take care of myself too. So, babysteps forward. I will get there! I did it before, I can do it again.

I asked for a hat and a urine cup to bring home for Melina. I got her an apple juice box since she's finally figured out how to do the straw and sat her on the potty. I thought if I could get her distracted enough with the juice box and eating a cookie, that I'd have enough time to get her to go. That's how we got her last urine specimen. Anyway, I sat her down on the floor to grab something and no sooner did I turn my back I heard the splatter. She had peed on the floor. We tried again, but she was really wanting down. THey had just checked her urine at Children's on the 14th, so I called the doctor back to see if we could just use that one to schedule her renal ultrasound with the VCUG. They said that was fine. Thank goodness!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home