Friday, June 17, 2011

Date Night for Andy and I

One of the local churches wants to be an available resource for foster and adoptive parents. They are going to try to do something every quarter. We didn't go to the first one as I didn't know that we could since we no longer foster. However, we made arrangements to go to this one. The kids were all excited since they were going to have a lauau (sp?) theme and got to do water activities. I had a hard time handing over Melina, but I knew that she'd be in good hands with all the other foster parent activities that we've gone to. This was the first time that I've left her with someone other than family, let alone someone I didn't even know. I fought the tears and we had a good time together. We went to eat at Olive Garden and then to get Emily's birthday gifts from Walmart and then home to talk and snuggle for a bit before it was time to get the kids. It was really nice. We did learn though that 3 hours without the kids goes much faster than 3 hours with the kids. lol. The kids had a great time and are already asking when the next event is going to be and Deidra met a new friend that invited her to go to Hurricane Harbor with them over the weekend. However, she couldn't go as she has a volleyball game. I told her too that I'd like to meet the family and do some smaller playdates before I let her go off with someone for the day like that. So, in a way it was good that she had a volleyball game anyway. But, the kids had fun and Andy and I had a good time together. Andy was supposed to work late, but he made arrangements so that he could come home and we could spend that time together and then he went back in. I'm glad that we were able to get out as we hadn't been out in months and we needed some time alone without other distractions.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home