Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trying to be a good Mom...

All the littles want to do is watch tv or they're begging to go to a restaurant or do something fun. I have the day separated into segments to try to keep them out of trouble and I keep telling them that I wouldn't be a very good Mom if I just let them sit in front of the tv all of the time. They need to use their brains and their imaginations and play pretend and learn how to entertain themselves at times. We have a hard time doing free play as they tend to find trouble. But, it's hard on me to get much done when I'm feeling like I have to keep them occupied constantly. Mondays are clean the house day in which they help, but otherwise I try to stick to this schedule. obviously it's not set in stone as we do have things that come up, but this is what we try and stick to when we're at the house.

7:30 am breakfast, devotions, get dressed

8-9 am tv time

9-10 am outside time

10 am snack

10:30-11:30 am errands

11:30 am lunch

12-1 pm speech

1:30-2:30 pm occupational therapy

1-2 pm quiet time

2:00 pm snack

2:30-3:30 pm table play

3:30-4:30 pm outside time

4:30-5:15 pm playroom time

5:15 pm clean up

5:45 pm dinner

7 pm bath, jammies, and story time

7:30 pm family activity

8 pm littles bedtime (one-on-one time with kid of the day)

9 pm Deidra's bedtime

and I try to do themes for each day...
Monday is House Cleaning Day and Movie Day
Tuesday is Tasty Treat Day
Wednesday is Water Day
Thursday is Craft Day
Friday is Park Day

sometimes again, things get mixed up as things come up, but I try to give them something to look forward to each week.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home