Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deidra's got strep...

We went to Merry Toppin's last night and we came home and Deidra said her stomach hurt. I didn't think much of it as she gets stomach aches a lot when it's time for bed...sometimes she throws up too...she's done this ever sicne she was little. The doctor said to give her Maalox. She hasn't had the problem in awhile, but it started happening again about a week ago. I just assumed it was that as she didn't have any other symptoms. This morning, she came into our room saying that she ached all over, had a stomach ache and a sore throat and she was dizzy. I took her temp and it was 101.2. She was supposed to have volleyball pictures and a game today, but I immediately thought with a fever like that and her symptoms that she probably had strep. I got some ibuprofen down her. I called to get her into the doctor and they fit her in this morning. The ibuprofen had her feeling a little better and she wanted to try to go to her game. I told her that we needed to see what was going on with her, but if she's contagious then she was staying home. Sure enough, it's strep. Went and got her some amoxicillin and brought her home. A little while later she was throwing up too. The fever is up to 103.8 and so we got some more ibuprofen down her, had her sip a little sprite and put her in the bathtub. She called me upstairs crying that she was so dizzy she couldn't get up by herself. Got her into her room and had to help her get her undies on and some jammies. I feel SO bad for her. Just praying that nobody else gets it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home