Monday, July 23, 2012

The birds and the bees...

Andy and I found something on Deidra's facebook page saying that she was in a relationship. When I asked her about it, she said she was joking and she was going to put "with air." Lots of her friends are trying this out so I don't really believe her...throw in the calls that she's been getting from certain boys and the fact taht his status on his page says the same thing, I think she's just too embarrassed to tell me.

I sat down and wrote her a letter explaining all the changes that were goign to be happening to her body, how it was normal to start liking boys at this age and that it wasn't anythign to be embarrassed to tell her parents about, but that we weren't going to officially let her start dating until she was 16 and she had gone on a date with Daddy first. How her body will start cycling, and each month it will prepare for a baby to grow in her house, and how males and females come together in a special way (sex) and she can get pregnant. I gave her the reasons why we watned her to wait to start dating until she was 16 and also the reasons why we wanted her to wait until she was married to have sex. It was a hard conversation to have, I asked the Holy Spirit for guidance. I just wrote the letter as I wanted to get my thoughts done and then I sat and read her the letter and gave her a chance to ask questions. She was embarrassed and I was embarrassed and afterwards she just hugged me and I cried. I can't believe my baby is big enough to have this conversation with already. We're going to go away for a weekend and do the Passport to Purity program together. She told me where she wanted to go for her weekend and now I just have to plan a weekend, hopefully in August, to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home