Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Been emotional lately....

I don't know what my deal has been lately, Abba, but I have been so emotional. Well, maybe I do once I show who showed up at my door yesterday...oh well she'll be gone in a week right? ;-) Anyway, help me get through this...between rude customers at work, people that I work with that have negative attitudes, and other stuff going on...it's making me pretty darn emotional. I'm trying to surround myself with positive people and work on my attitude myself...no negativity...only positive thinking...and it's slowly working, but I am finding myself getting emotional when faced with the other stuff.

I couldn't sleep the other night...wasn't feeling too well...got up and watched Discovery Health for awhile. Watched some medical shows and then some adoption stories came on. I watched a couple adopt from Guatemala...they already had a daughter that was D's age....I also realized that I get to meet the babies birthmothers...I didn't realize that before. I so chocked up when I was watching them cry and hug and talk together and I so lost it when she finally handed the baby over and turned to walk out of the room. How heartwrenching to hand your baby over because you love that baby so much that you realize that you can't give him/her what she truly needs. Oh bless all the birthmothers, Abba, that give up their babies and be with them while they grieve. And when our turn comes to meet our birthmoms...please guide us through that meeting and help us be a comfort to them as well and establish a loving relationship with them. The funny thing was that I was going to the mall yesterday to meet Racheal and I was listing to a broadcast on JQ and they were talking about crisis pregnancies and adoption and they were talking about how the birthmoms needed so much support and if they didn't get that, they often went into such a downward spiral that they'd seek out the wrong comforts and wind up pregnant again later. I sat there and felt the tears built up in my eyes and I knew that I was being given this message for a reason. All I know is that I hope that we can be a source of comfort to our birthmoms when our turn comes...they'll always have a lifetime of prayers for us and I'm hoping that we can develop a relationship as well so that we can keep tabs on them and be there for them too. My hearts go out to them though... Be with them, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home