Friday, December 02, 2005

Andy's Job

Hi Abba. I pray that Andy won't lose his job. Deidra got sick at school yesterday with yet another fever and sore throat. They called Andy to let him know that she needed to be picked up. He tried calling me, but I was at lunch, so he had to leave and go get her. I'm leaving for Chicago today so he let them know that he wouldn't be back today either and wanted to know if he should even bother to show up on Monday as he knew he was going over his alotted points. I'm so tired of the both of us being given crap about attendance when we have a valid reason for missing. He's going to talk to his boss today and I told Andy to get a doctor's note when he brings her to the doctor today, but he said they make no excuses. I think I'm going to tell Corey that at the end of December, I'm done. It's just not worth it to me anymore. FIL offered to watch her today at 8am. Andy told him the damage had already been done as he'd still get points for being late and he needed to take her in to the doctor today anyway. I told Andy that I wasn't really comfortable with FIL watching her anyway as he's not going to pay attention to her and has been known to fall asleep on the couch while she's awake and doing her own thing. But, please say a prayer that Andy will be able to hold onto his job and that we can get through this. I offered to forfeit my trip, but Andy knows that I've been looking forward to going, so he told me to go ahead and go...Deidra is our responsibility and nobody else's and he was expected to do his part in taking care of her too and that I was to go and have fun. I can't help feeling worried though. Although as Corey told me yesterday, if it's done it's done and worrying isn't going to change that. I know he's right, although I don't like the unknown. Just please help Andy to hold onto his job. Things seem to be finally going in a positive direction for us and I don't know if he could handle losing another job. We're just trying to be good parents, that's all...although I know Corporate America doesn't give a crap about that anymore these days....it's sad really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home