Thursday, March 16, 2006

Daycare Drama

Abba, please help to clear this up and get our contract back to what it was. And please don't let us have to pay any extra for the past weeks that she's only gone 3 days.

I am so frustrated with Kindercare right now. I left the center in tears yesterday. I walked in the door worried I was going to be late for work. I told Deidra that I had to drop her off in sort of a hurry as I only had 10 minutes to get up front at work. Thankfully, she's not that far from where I work. Anyway, we go in the door and Stacie (the center director) says to me "Did you guys get my note about owing the extra $38 because that is overdue now?" I told her that Andy had told me about it and we were going to pay it next week. She said that now our account is actually $76 overdue. I couldn't figure out why as we've always paid first thing Monday morning and we've never been overdue the 2 years that she's gone there. I wasn't totally focusing on what she was saying as I was worried about being late and the lightbulb still didn't go off on why we were late. She asked me if we had gotten the new contract that she put on D's cubby before President's Day. I said that we did, but that it was way after President's Day when we got it. She said that she bumped D up to the permanent 4 day rate since that is what she was doing for the prior 2 months before she wrote the contract. She did that without asking us if that was ok or even telling us about it. I told her that we've always had a 3day/4 day rolling contract in the 2 years that she's been there. Why would it change now? She told me that she'd have to call corporate to see if they could change it. I was near tears. I thought when she wrote the 4 day contract that was a simple oversight on her part and I never signed the contract because D was going to be leaving soon anyway. But, how do you hold a parent to a contract that they never signed. The last contract I signed was the rolling contract. I brought D to her class and I came out and told Staci that I didn't understand how she could do that without communicating that to us. But, it's still not dawning on me that the $76 is now overdue because of the fact that D only went 3 times a week in the past month and I only paid the 3 day rate. We thought some educational fee was due as they charge one every quarter. I left the center in tears.

I called Andy and he does some simple math and says "honey, there apparently was no educational fee...she's charging us for the difference of the 3 day rate vs. the 4 day rate and wants the difference of the 2 weeks that she only went the 3 days a week. Well, she never wrote the reason on her note that they needed the $38 and it was another 3 day week for D this week, so apparently when she got pissed off at us was when she realized that once again I paid the 3 day rate. Well, why should I have to pay for days when she's here with me? Now, I'm beyond livid and I told Andy to call her and talk to her. She has another 3 day week next week and I don't want to get stuck paying the extra $38 just to have her there. Nor do I think that we should have to pay the $76 for the difference the other 2 weeks.

I let Staci know that D's last day was going to be on April 14...she's got just under a month left there...we've worked with them on everything so far...why in the heckl can't they work with us???

Sorry I just needed to vent...I now leave it in Your Hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home