Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The new store...

Well, my first day at my new store was yesterday. I honestly don't know what to make of the whole thing. I don't get the impression that everyone is friends like it was at my old store. They're a lot more strict than my old store too. Some stuff is different too down here and I felt dumb asking for help. I hate being "the new girl" and I've already had my hours cut. My 2nd day was supposed to be tomorrow from 10-4. The supervisor called and asked me if I would work from 10-8 and I said I didn't know right off hand if I could do that or not. I didn't know if Andy had any interviews pending around my current schedule and if he did I didn't want to leave us without a babysitter. She called me back two seconds later and said that she had to cut hours and she was giving me the day off. I took that as I was being punished for not wanting the extra hours and taking them right off the bat. Then, nobody knew if I was supposed to be full-time or part-time and the scheduler was wanting to know. We had already been over this before I started there a couple of times. Communication is not very effective there, I guess. I guess I'm not really impressed with the place. I'll give it a little more time and see how it goes, but if I don't start liking it there soon, I am thinking about finding something else. Andy keeps telling me that once he finds work, hopefully I can just quit and stay home again. I'm hoping and praying that is what can happen. Deidra started crying when she found out that I had to go back to work as well and I'd really like to make up my income with ebay. I think that would be doable if we just devoted a little more time to it. Help me figure out what to do, Abba, and please bring Andy a good job soon too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home