Friday, August 18, 2006

Another update...

Well, I don't really know what's going on. I can tell the doctor doesn't really either. He says my CT scan and MRI came back negative, which is a good thing. He said the only other thing that he could think of to do is to try treating me for a migraine headache (I don't think the headache is a migraine) as sometimes that can present signs of stroke. They gave me a shot of Imitrex which has honestly only made feel worse...headache is worse and I'm very hot and feel sick to my stomach from it. He wanted me to wait an hour and then get another one, but I had already waited for 2 hours and didn't want to wait any longer. They gave me some oral meds to take and he said that he thought that would make the numbness go away when the headache went away and if it didn't we'd have to start all over again with more tests on Monday. I honestly don't think I've been having migraines...I don't have the nausea, the throbbing pains, or the sensitivity to light that I've heard of most people getting with migraines. I think they're just headaches. I asked him if he thought it was ok that I went back to work tomorrow and he said he didn't see a problem with it. I just worry about trying to work and lift things when I can't do much with my left hand. But, I guess I'll just have to take things slow and ask for help if I need it. I'm just frustrated, but that's all the update that I know for now. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it's not a stroke, but I just wish that I knew for sure what it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home