Friday, August 18, 2006

Stroke or No Stroke?

Written last night:

Well, I went and saw the doctor about the numbness down my left side, dizziness, and bad headaches that I have been having. He did a bunch of neurological tests on me and I failed miserably with my left side on a lot of them. I asked him what he thought was wrong and he said that he thought I was having a stroke. He sent me to the hospital for a CT scan and a MRI of the brain. He sent for the tests to be done stat and he told me not to leave the hospital until someone had called him with the results. Well, here I am and I can't say that I know anything else as there wasn't a radiologist that could read the reports on the floor. I just put a call out to my Dr. to see what he wants me to do and they're going to page him. I have another appt with him tomorrow that I'm definitely going to keep. I'm still feeling pretty miserable. I'll update as I know more...in the meantime I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

This morning:

I'm still feeling the same. I'm scared as well and wish I knew for sure what it was. I'm worrying about how I'm going to be able to work this weekend if this numbness keeps up as well as I can't hold much in my left hand as my arm and hand feel so heavy. I keep trying not to worry and think positively but this is scary. I thought I was too young to have to deal with something like this. I asked the doctor how we'd treat it if it were a stroke and he said it's really a waiting game. He said if the tests showed a blood clot, they'd put me in the hospital and try to get the clot to dissolve with some IV drugs. If I showed a bleed in the brain, they'd transfer me to Dallas and do surgery to stop it. I go see the doctor at 10:15 or 10:45 this morning, so hopefully I'll know more then.

Mom came over after work to see me last night and it was nice to spend some time with her and she prayed over me as well and that gave me comfort. I called Dad and he's actually in Phoenix right now and has to drive to FL. He wants me to call him as soon as I know anything so that he can go through Dallas if need be. He said that if I wind up in the hospital, his load is just going to be delivered late. He wound up calling a few times last night to check on me. I guess his sister had a stroke when she was my age. He made me put the number to the ambulance service and my doctor's office by the bed last night in case anything happened.

Abba, please help the doctors to know what is wrong and how to fix it. Please give me peace over this too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home