Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Discipline

Abba, this discipline stuff can get really hard sometimes. Please help us to be able to all get on the same page, so Deidra will quit trying to play her games and play us against one another. I know what works with her and me, but Andy doesn't have the same luck with her using my techniques sometimes and other times he gives in way too easily to her and lets her do whatever she wants. That makes me upset as well because she doesn't listen to him. Yet, he doesn't always enforce what he says to her, so I understand why she is like she is. She's good for both of us when the other parent isn't around, but when we're together she really does like to play us against one another.

Does anyone have any good books that they would recommend on disciplining your children? I know what works for me with Deidra, but Andy and I argue and argue sometimes about the routes that he takes on her...he can come way down hard on her and at other times he just gives in to her. My Mom made an interesting observation that we always fight when it comes to Deidra and I guess we've never noticed until she put that out there. I want us to both be on the same page because right now she definitely knows how to play us against each other. This discipline stuff really gets harder as they get older I'm finding. It's better that we both get a handle on this now. We like watching Super Nanny as well as we get some good tips from her too, but I really would like some book recommendations as well if anyone has any that has really helped them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home