Sunday, September 17, 2006

My birthday surprise...

Thank you, Abba, for a great birthday weekend. It was fun and Andy did a great job of making me feel very cherished and loved. I felt like his princess all weekend.

Well, Friday I was a very busy girl. I finally had a day off of work, but I went and volunteereed up in Deidra's class for 2 hours and they had a road rally at school and we had to make Deidra a vehicle for it. She was a pink airplane with silver stars and a Texas state on the front. So, then I went and got her ready for that and I watched all the kids parade around for a few minutes, before I had to be in the lunchroom to help with Grandfriends week for a couple of hours. I left around noon and had a few errands to run and some laundry to finish so I could pack for our little get away. I still didn't know what we were going to do. Andy got home around 6 and he ok'd what I packed for him...Mom came about 6:15 for Deidra and they scooted out the door. Andy grabbed our bag and we scooted out the door after them. We drove to the hotel and checked into our room. It was a very cool room as one whole wall was nothing but glass and faced out into the vestibule and main lobby so you could see everything below. After we checked in, he drove us into Dallas for dinner. He took me to The Cheesecake Factory where we both ate entirely way too much, but the food was great and we hadn't been to that restaurant since we lived in Chicago. So, it was very nice.

Saturday, we got up around 8...ate some fruit that I had brought, and some leftover cheesecake and Andy ate the rest of his dinner from the night before. We went down for a swim in the pool and then got ready to check out as Andy had another day planned for us before we went to go get Deidra. He took me over to Fair Park to the IMAX theatre and we watched a movie on fighter planes and we walked around the museum and stuff. Then, we went to a couple of thrift stores in the area to find more ebay stuff. We drove around looking for a pizza place for about an hour and finally said "screw it." We wound up going to Chipotle for burritos. Then, we headed back towards home to pick up Deidra around 4:30pm. She was glad to see us. Mom had gotten me a birthday pie (Hershey's sundae pie) and so we each had a piece of pie. Mom said that her and Deidra had gone out to look for birthday presents for me but couldn't find anything. I'm a hard person to shop for. She wound up giving me a gift card to get a pedicure and massage. I can do that. :-) Deidra gave me her card and she had written "I Love You" in it all by herself. She is reading so well and learning to write her sentences...some of the words blend together, but she did it all by herself. That just made me beam when I saw that. We stayed at Mom's for a little bit and watched Crocodile Dundee and then headed for home.

We made a beer run for Andy (our county is dry) and we stopped at Marble Slab so Andy could buy me birthday cake ice cream. I ate entirely way too much and my diet went out the window these past couple of days, but that's ok. I'll get back on plan come Sunday. We came home and I opened up my birthday cards that I had gotten in the mail and listened to my phone messages and read my e-mails. Thanks to all those who wished me a happy birthday. It was a good birthday and a lot of fun. I just can't believe that I'm officially 30.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like it was a nice birthday weekend. Glad you had a good time.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home