Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My marriage seems to be going better...

I want to thank Jenn, Jen, and Lacey for pointing me in the right direction and taking the time to talk with me about things. I appreciate it more than you girls could ever know. And Lacey, that sermon series has really helped a great deal as well and we're only half way through it.

I really made myself sit down and spend some time surrounding myself in God's word this week. I went and reread Ephesians, and reread some of the verses that we had read at our wedding (Corinthians...Love is), and I told myself that this love stuff is hard, but it's all about choices. Am I going to do the right thing out of love or just give up. Love is an action....not necessarily a feeling. I know I have to take the good with the bad and that this was a lifelong decision that we made. I know that no marriage is perfect. We all make mistakes and let one another down. I just really want ours to be better...it's not like it's awful all the time...but I just want certain things to start going better. I appreciate that you took the time to talk with me though. I definitely needed some prayer warriors. We've spent a lot of time talking about things and I realized that I needed to work on praising God for the things that were going right and putting the stuff that I wasn't happy with into His hands. My Mom took Andy out last week as well and I'm not sure what they talked about...I left that between them and didn't ask....but Andy has been making a real effort since then and it's been wonderful to see. I think we just have to weather through the storms sometimes to get to the good parts. But, things are going better and I hope that they continue to do so. In the meantime, I'm surrounding myself in God's word. Thank you, Abba, for helping Andy to see a little bit of what I needed from him so that I could feel loved and cherished...it's so wonderful to see him actually trying and I hope that he continues to do so. I've felt so much better about my marriage this week than I have in quite awhile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Jess,

I am so glad that things have gotten a little bit better for you and you know I'm always hear to talk, gossip and of course listen! :) Our marriags are like hills and valleys, and it takes strength to get through all of those.

I'm glad that your mom was able to talk to Andy and maybe she was able to give that "mom" insight to help point him in the right direction.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for going to God's Word for what to do. It'll be alright. Glad Andy's trying harder too. You are right, Love is a VERB.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home