Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hurting

Ok, so our anniversary is the 12th and my 30th birthday is the 16th. Andy and I have been arguing about what to do. He doesn't want to do anything to celebrate...again it's always about the money. He wants to get ahead, he doesn't want to spend the money to celebrate. I asked for the 10th off of work so that we could go out to dinner and spend the day together and my Mom was going to take D. Well, work gave me the whole weekend off. I asked for the 15th and 16th off so that we could have that weekend to go away and Mom was going to take Deidra that weekend. All I wanted to do was get a hotel room one night and get away somewhere and spend some quality time together and go have a nice dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. And I found a cheap room at the Holiday Inn too, so it wasn't like I was expecting a whole lot. We have argued so much about it that I finally just told him that i wished I never would have taken the time off of work. I finally told him over the weekend that I was putting all of this into his hands to deal with. He was making the plans or not making them and he had my mom's number if he needed to line up a babysitter. My Mom is completely shocked that he doesn't want to celebrate and I'm tired of getting the message that I just don't matter to him. I'm very confused and hurt right now. If we didn't have the money, it would be one thing and I would be understanding, but it's totally not about that. I just don't understand. Please help Andy to see that I need the romance to be alive in our marriage again for it to succeed, Abba. I'm really feeling confused right now. I'm tired of getting the message that I'm just not important and then I get even more mad at myself for actually believing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home