Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just had my first day of kindergarten...

as Deidra said to me this morning. I was going to go up and volunteer in her classroom today and she was all excited that I was going to stay with her today. We wake up to get ready and she says "Time for your first day of kindergarten, Mom." I was up there for about 4 hours helping them get reading materials together, helping the kids make bear hats, and helping with various folders. Deidra took me to recess where all the boys chased her around the playground (Daddy, you better watch out as it's starting all ready). She showed me the little boy that she likes too. His name is Jon and he's as cute as a button. I had to take him down to the nurse today as he got sick in class and some of the stuff he was telling me was just too cute. She took me to lunch with her before I went home and they have to sit in a boy girl, boy girl pattern at the table to keep them focused on eating rather than talking. The half an hour that we were in there, all I heard from all the boys at the table was "Deidra...Deidra...Deidra." (Again, Daddy you better get ready.) It was too funny. I had fun with her today. When I left the kids all told me "Bye, Deidra's Mommy, we love you." Awww! I'm going back tomorrow to help in the lunch room for 2 hours. Thanks so much, Abba, for giving me some time to volunteer at the school. I'd love to be able to go once or twice a week. I know they really need the help.

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Have you ever thought of becoming a para professional or teacher's aide in the school system? You would have the same hours that Deidra is in school and holidays off. It sounds like you had a great time.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home