Monday, August 21, 2006

My goofy daughter and a quick update on me...

Ok, she came home from school in her school clothes...a cute shirt and skirt...oh and did I mention that they were new? Anyway, she wanted to take a bath and I told her that she had to wait until after dinner. She went outside to play and she got the kitty some water. (This is the kitty that has adopted us but lives outside). Anyway, she calls for me...she is covered head to toe in mud and keep in mind that mud down here in TX is more like clay. She's covered in black clay. It's in her hair, all down her arms, some on her face, and it's all down her legs and her feet are just covered in it. This will motivate me now to lay down some sod in the dirt patches of our front yard. Anyway, I get her in the house and try to take off her clothes the best that we can and she goes to the bathtub and gets herself all washed up. I get her clothes all spray and washed and put into the washing mashine and pray that it all comes out. She gets out of the tub and I ask her "Deidra did you do that on purpose just so you could take a bath?" She looks down and asks if she's in trouble. I told her that I just wanted her to be honest with me and so she nods yes. I told her that if she ever does something like that again she's going to be in a lot more trouble, but for doing this today her punishment is going to be helping me sweep and mop up the floor since the clay is all over the place. I am fully expecting her to whine...then I hear "Mommy, can I just have the mop...I will help you." I told her that this isn't supposed to be fun for her, so if she thinks it's fun she's just going to go in her room for a time-out before clean up. And as a sign that she's growing up..."Mommy, I really don't want to go in time out, but I guess that's fair." My mouth about fell open. I did snap some pics too to document this in her scrapbook (if I ever get caught up that is...I'm easily a year to a year and a half behind in her book).

And a quick update on me...I'm feeling a lot better. I went into work today for a little while although they wound up sending me home about 3 hours after I got there. They wanted me to rest a little more and not push myself so hard. I started out just fine, but my headache started getting the best of me right before they sent me home. The doctor called to check on me this morning and they're going to call me in a perscription. The headache though is about 75% better than it was and it stays that way as long as I don't push myself too hard. The numbness has 90% gone away as well. So, I'm slowly getting better.

Oh, and 1 more thing...I've really been trying to do this whole better me thing now for about a month. I've managed to lose 17 1/2 pounds and I'm almost off my diabetes meds. YEAH! Thank you for watching over me, Abba!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home