Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Why does it always have to be so hard to say good-bye?

My mom and brothers just came over to give me their housekey and whatnot. Jimmie decided to go afterall, so I'll be dogsitting this week. Anyway, Zach came in and gave me a hug good-bye and that about blew me away. He's not touchy feely at all and usually won't have much to do with us at all. I can't remember the last time he's hugged me willingly and without having to be asked. Anyway, I wished him well and told him to let me know his address. He's not planning on coming back...he's planning on moving this weekend. I walked them out to the car and I told him good luck and that I wished him well and to keep in touch. He's got some big suprises coming to him, but I hope he fares well. I'm excited and worried about him at the same time and as they were pulling away I got teary eyed. Then, what made me cry harder was the fact that my Dad called just after they left and as I was telling him that they just left for Austin we got to talking about Mom. He asked me why nobody hit him in the head when he wanted to leave and I told him it would have made no difference then...we all begged him to stay. He said it was the biggest mistake in his life and the tears built up more. I couldn't talk. Thankfully, he started fading in and out and then we said our good-byes before we lost signals.

Anyone know anyplace good to find cheap dinnersets...I wanted to see if I could scrape some stuff together for my brother since he's going down there with just the stuff in his bedroom and the old microwave that Mom was saving for him. I think I'm going to try and get some care packages together for him to help get him started.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as hard as it is to say goodbye, it could be a very good thing for him to go through. i'll be praying for him, for safety and his salvation.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home