Friday, April 20, 2007

Lots of things accomplished yesterday...

I can't believe that we're almost ready for the home study. 2 inspections to go (our fire inspection is the 25th and I'm trying to set up our environmental health inspection for the same day...the lady hasn't called me back yet) and then we're there!


* We took all 8 kitties in to get vaccinated yesterday.

* We cleaned out some clutter and got the main rooms of the house prepped, babyproofed, and organized.

* We did some of our homework. It's all about attachment and bonding and is a good read for any parent or caregiver, I think. It made me think about some things though regarding my own childhood and losing my Mom and so forth. I may journal about it over at hoffmanfamilyjourney.blogspot.com ...I haven't decided. If anything though, it helps me to know that I'll be able to help the children by having gone through some of this myself.

* We got all of our paperwork together that we have collected and put it all in a manilla envelope so that I can turn it all in tomorrow. We still have a couple of things left to do for it all to be complete...but we're 95% done.

* We just collected our auto insurance, rental insurance, income tax return, and our verification of our last 3 months of income together for Andy to make copies of today so I can turn all that in on Monday as well.

* I need to type up our fire escape plan, disaster plan, alternative care plan, house rules, and our schedules of weekdays, weekends, and summer tonight/tomorrow morning so that I can turn all that in this afternoon as well.

It feels great to be almost done...I am so ready to accept our first placement(s)!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home