Saturday, June 16, 2007

We saw one of these...




We ran out to do errands last night around 7 and as we were getting the kids in the car, Deidra says there's something crawling in the street. We turn and look and Andy said "I know what that is." I had no idea from where we were. We get closer and Andy says "yup, that's a big tarantula." It was just walking down the road. He went into the neighbor across the road's yard and then when we left, we saw it going across their driveway. We didn't get too close to it as it does walk quite fast.

I just thought it was funny that when I was talking to my Mom about moving down here I was worried about the spiders and the rattlesnakes and she had said that she had never seen any. Well, we've been here just over a year and we've seen 2 rattlesnakes (at the park of all places) and now as of yesterday, we've seen our first tarantula. I'm just hoping that he's not anywhere around our yard right now. Deidra and I were freaked last night about even getting out of the car in the dark.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home