Friday, June 08, 2007

In His Steps..

1 Peter 2:21
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

Father God, oh You know how I want to be like You. The deepest part of my heart and soul aches for Your wisdom. May today be a special day for new revelation. Amen.

Are the qualities of Jesus evident in my life? I'm sure they aren't all the time...however I really do try and walk the walk the best of my ability.

How can I follow in His steps today? I can choose to forgive and move forward and to love the best of my ability.

Let me explain. Yesterday, someone whom I thought was one of my biggest supporters informed me that baby J belonged with a black family (he's bi-racial)if he came up for adoption as I couldn't provide him with teaching him about his culture. I informed this person that he wasn't fully black...obviously someone is white in his family...you can tell that just by looking at him. Not only did it upset me, but it was also said in front of Deidra and it upset her as well. Later, I sat down with Deidra and told her that that wasn't a very nice comment and that we didn't care what color his skin was...we think he's beautiful and what a joy to be around. He's a very happy baby and he's a very good baby and he truly is a joy. We also talked about the fact that if he does by chance come up for adoption...we would gladly keep him.

I don't know if this person meant it how it came out, but it was very upsetting to me yesterday. However, I'm going to try and talk to them about it today and let my feelings be known. However, I do choose forgiveness and I will try my best to set the best example that I can.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home