Friday, June 01, 2007

We got our first placement today!

The social worker called me when we were out and about today and said that she was still trying to get in touch with CPS on the girls that are out of region. However, she asked me if I wanted to do respite through the weekend for a 13-month old baby boy that was there at their agency. I said sure and said I'd go and pick him up. We got there and there was some confusion as the intake coordinator thought they had him there on campus and it turns out that I had to go and pick him up from daycare. They asked me to return for some of his things around 4:30. Deidra and I headed off to Wal-mart for some stuff for him...thanks Cindi for the help with diaper sizes...and then we headed to go get him. We brought him home for a little bit and then headed back to the agency to get some of his stuff. He is such a sweet baby and he's into everything. Deidra has been great with him. We brought him up to see my Mom for a little bit and they also let me know that they were probably going to have to find a placement for him as they didn't have total custody of him yet as they had to take his mom to the hospital last night. They saw how quickly he came to me and how sweet he was with me and they asked me if I would take him as a placement. I said yes...so now it looks like he may be staying with us for awhile. I'm just sad that I have to work this weekend. I'm off to try and figure out what to make for dinner (he's lactose intolerant and is on soy milk).

Thank you, Abba, for letting us get to spend some time with this precious baby boy. He is so sweet!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home