Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a friend!

2 Timothy 1:18b
You know very well in how many ways he helped me in Ephesus.

Father God, thank You for my many friends who stand beside me in all situations. They are always there when I need them to listen, laugh, and cry. They are so special to my life. May they realize what their friendship means to me. Amen.

I want to take a couple minutes too to lift up a few of my friends in prayer. I pray for Tracie who I have known since kindergarten. We haven't seen one another in years, however we do keep in touch through the computer. Her ex-husband just died recently and her and her girls are having a hard time. I lift them up to You and pray for peace and comfort for them. I pray for Niki and her family...I met Niki in first grade and although her Mom had custody of her boys, they just lost her boys in a car accident on Good Friday. I continue to lift them up in prayer. I pray for Racheal, whom I have been best friends with since 7th grade and still are to this day. She's never let distance stand in the way of our friendship as I've moved to Chicago and now to Texas. She's had a rough time in her marriage off and on for the last few years and I lift their marriage up to you and I pray for the spirit of joy for them both and I pray that they will both learn to help one another and be able to lean on one another when they're feeling weak. I also want to lift up Cindi and Charlie...we've known them since high school and our friendships have really blossomed since we found each other again in Chicago. I lift them up in prayer as they go through the adoption process in China. I lift Sarah up in prayer and hope that we can remain in touch as she was a special friend to me in Chicago...I'll never forget how sweet her and her mom were when we were going through our financial difficulties and they brought us groceries and diapers for the week when we didn't know how we were going to make it through that week. I lift up Jenn as she goes through the trials of trying to have a baby and I pray for guidance for her as she tries to figure out just how far she's willing to go to try and have her own baby.

These are just a few friends that I wanted to lift up and name specifically...I've been blessed with my friendships and if I could name them all here, I would, but you all know who you are. I thank all of you for sticking by me and for being there for me when I needed you and I lift all of you up in prayer and ask for blessings to be showered upon all of you. I love you all!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you for your sweet prayer request! You and Andy and Deidra are in my prayers as well so that you can start growing that Hoffman family!! :)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home