Saturday, May 26, 2007

I cannot wait to get our first placement...

I so cannot wait to get our first placement. They have licensed us for 4 children...so we could possibly have 5 children in this house. Everyone in our families seems to not believe that we are ok with this. Big families have always fascinated me. I've had someone ask me if we were going to start using birth control...my answer was no. I'd love a big family and if we do manage to one day get pregnant again, we'll gladly welcome a baby. I told my Mom last night as we were talking about the Church's stance on no birth control, that I had really been doing a lot of praying lately and letting God know that I was totally open to life and whatever He wanted to bring us. I'm trusting Him with what I can handle and what He chooses to give me. I also know that there's an extreme shortage on foster homes and that we can legally only have 6 unless we choose to become a group home in which we can have 12. That seems a bit much and isn't something I really see us doing though. God may have other plans for me...but we'll see. I'm just glad to see that we're getting calls and I do believe we'll have our first placements soon...yes I did make that plural. :-)I know in my heart that God has His hand in this and that He will pick the kids for us. Whoever is meant to be with us, will be here.

Anyway, to answer some questions...I do plan on turning my 2 week notice in to Home Depot once we get our first set of placements. I almost turned it in a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't want to rush it and then be sitting here without any placements. So, we made a deal that as soon as we got some kids, I'd go ahead and turn it in.

And we are totally open to sibling groups which is what our calls that we've received have both been for. I think it's important that sib groups can stay together as much as they can. I've been worrying about some things, but like I told my Mom yesterday when I was talking to her about everything, that I also know that I've been praying through all this and I'll continue to pray and hand my worries over to God and that it's going to be an adjustment period for all of us and I just really want to make the kids as comfortable as I can and help them through their grieving and healing as much as possible.

Even Deidra has been so wonderful and thoughtful. When we got the call about the girls, I had gone into her room after we had been waiting for the call back to put her to bed to find that she had picked a few of her stuffed animals out and put them on her bed in a line. I asked her what all that was for and she said "Mom, I picked these out for the little girl to choose one. She's probably lonely and this will give her something to cuddle." She's going to do great at this sister thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Many prayers Jess!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, I just wanted to say that I think it's so great that you guys are becoming foster parents. I am anxious to read about your contiued journey through it, as being a foster/adoptive parent is something that has always been in my heart and head. I hope it all goes well, and I will be continuing to check for updates on your placements and reading about how it all goes. Lots of hugs to ya...

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home