Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Make Me a Blessing

Song of Solomon 2:12a
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come.

Springtime is one of my favorite seasons (minus the allergies). I love to see everything in bloom and the green grass. I love to see all the colors and the leaves on the trees green again and offering shade again. It's so refreshing after everything lays dormant and dead in the winter time. Spring reminds me of life and is a time of joy.

Our lives are like that at times. We may lie sleeping--forgotten, we think. Then something happens that makes us come forward, take a look at the sun and the flowers, and decide that our lives do serve purpose and we are not forgotten afterall. It's also a time to reach out to others and make them see that they aren't forgotten either.

Lord, make me a blessing to someone today and everyday. Give my life a deep sense of purpose and be a blessing to everyone that I am around each day, whether they are near or far. May Your Spirit be in my mind, on my lips, and in my heart always.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home