Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Minimum Daily Adult Requirement...

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.

This study talks about how young Christians want to know what they should be doing as Christians to be good ones. How long should I read my Bible each day? How long should I pray each day? How much money do I have to give to the church? Do I have to sing in the choir to be a good Christian? How many times a week must I be in church? Do I have to....? The list goes on. We all want to know what the minimum daily adult requirement is for being a Christian. What do we really have to do each day to be a good one? Then, it goes on to how some people want to know how many calories their eating, how much fat content, what their daily requirements are on the food charts and so forth? So, if we can do it there...why not do it here as well?

The answer is though that Paul gave us is that Christ has freed us from this bondage of minimum daily adult requirements. It is not of works, but of grace. Yes, the Bible challenges us to follow in Christ's footstepss...however we need to do good works because we want to...not because we're told to do them. What do we see examples of Christ doing in the Bible....studying the law, meeting with other believers, praying regularly, serving others around Him in need, and giving to others in need.

I also believe though that the stronger our walk with Christ, the more we should be willing to do for others and for Him. He gives us tools in which to share with others in spreading his word the deeper into our faith we go.

Father God, help me not to worry about how long or how often. Put a strong desire in my soul to spend time with You today in prayer and study. Let time stand still and let me forget all about my watch and schedule. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home