Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Prayers for my brother, Zach...

Mom called me today, Abba, with the news that she got from my Dad. Zach is feeling desperate. He moved to Austin around Easter time with the money he had gotten from his auto accident. He had to put down 6 months of rent to live there. Mom told him then that he desperately needed to find a job. He hasn't yet. I guess he texted my Dad yesterday saying that he's really desperate...he's down there with no electricity and very very little food. Mom is getting a care package together for him and I said that I'd send a little bit down for him too...however I'm not sending money because he never uses it for what it's intended for. She just sent him some money to take some music classes at the tech school...and I'll be surprised if he actually used it for that. I see him making a lot of wrong decisions...however I know that's all part of being a teenager too. I want to help him, but I want to help him where it's needed...I don't want him using the money for cigarettes or something that he can go without. Mom wanted to try and help him get his electric back on and I told her that she needed to find out his electric company and his account number and do it that way, rather than just giving him the money. Anyway, she's really worrying that he's going to get really desperate and thoughts of suicide will come with it being so hot and stuff...so I told her that we'd just pray for him together. Please pray for him to start making the right decisions and putting his responsibilities where they need to be, that he finds a good job and that he finds Godly friends that will keep him lifted up, and that he stays safe from any harms. I think I'm going to send him some quarters to get his laundry done, a little care package, and I'm going to see if I can find a soup kitchen or something down there for him to go to if he really gets in dire need and print all that off for him.

Lord, I lift Zach up to You and ask that You would put a hedge of protection around him. Protect his spirit, body, mind, and emotions from any kind of evil or harm. I pray specifically for protection from accidents, disease, injury, or any other physical, mental, or emotional abuse. I pray that he will stay away from drugs and alcohol as well. I pray that he will make his refuse "in the shadows of Your wings" until "these calamaties have passed by" (Psalm 57:1). Hide him from any kind of evil influences that would come against him. Keep him safe from any hidden dangers and let no weapon formed against him be able to prosper. Thank You, Lord, for Your many promises of protection. Help him to walk in Your ways and in obedience to Your will so that he never comes out from under the umbrella of that protection. Keep him safe in all he does and wherever he goes. Please open his heart too to always know that his family loves and supports him and that we're here to see him through. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home