Friday, September 07, 2007

Busy day..

I'm thinking that we're going to be getting D's 5-year-old sister, J, sometime during the next week. Of course, I may be wrong, but I had the CPS worker and the CASA worker ask me if I was willing yesterday and I let our caseworker know that I'd be willing to take her and then she wanted the CASA's info today so she could get in touch with her. So, I'm thinking they're going to move her here. So, I'm trying to get the house cleaned up in case they want to move her tonight or Monday. I have to reorganize Deidra's room and move some of her toys out into the garage...her room is taken over by stuffed animals. The CASA worker for the children came over yesterday to talk to me about J. My heart breaks for these children. She's in kindergarten this year, doesn't know any of her shapes, colors, numbers, or ABCs. The fosterparents where she is right now don't get home until 7 or 7:30 each night and the CASA worker really feels that she needs a mom and someone that she can come home to to teach her things, spend time with her and to teach her boundaries. Deidra really wants her to come and to have someone to share a room with her. And the CASA worker thinks it will be good for her to be with D and for her to have Deidra to look up to and have for a playmate and sister. They think the kids will be in care for anywhere from 6 months to a year. It all depends on how fast the parents get their acts together.

So, I'm just cleaning today, doing some organization, and D has been helping me pick up toys and stuff. He is the sweetest little boy...he even helped me unload the dishwasher today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home