Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hurtin'

Deidra got to go to the Christmas gift shop at school and get gifts for everyone. She got too excited and wanted to give them out when she got home. She also got something for herself and so I let her get that out of the bag. When I was on the phone with our case manager she got a chair and gave Little J her gift. I went and got the bag from her to put it back up on the shelf out of reach, went to take her down from the chair and she fought me on it...the next thing I know is the chair fell right on top of my big toe. It hurt! It brought me to tears, it hurt so bad. I sat down and just cried. The girls were all being impatient about wanting this or that...the boys were up taking a nap...I asked the girls to give me a 2nd and finally Little J asked me if I was ok. I called Andy crying and he got mad at me because he was in the middle of something at work. Excuse me... The next thing I know is Deidra told me the boys were awake...no, they weren't they had never actually gone to sleep because the girls were making too much noise. Well, Deidra went up and opened their door despite me telling her not to and I couldn't hobble after her fast enough. So, I had to get them up. Happened to look down at my foot in the light...there's a nice big bruise under my toe nail, one further down my big toe, and one on the toe right next to it. 15 minutes after it happened, I knew something wasn't right as it was throbbing so badly it felt like the accidnet just happened. I called Andy back to tell him and just to have someone to vent to and once again I got an attitude about what did I want him to do. Well, I guess just listening is too hard. I hung up. He's going to his work's fun night tonight so I get to take care of 4 kids who aren't being on their best behavior and it honestly hurts so bad to walk. My big toe is so red and I know it's the swelling under my toe nail that is making it so painful right now. I plan on feeding them dinner, turning a movie on for them, and putting them to bed between 7 and 7:30. Then, I plan on soaking my foot and laying on the couch so I can put my foot up. I still just want to cry...this hurts so bad. Yeah, it happened close to 45 minutes ago and it still just throbs. Can I just scream and have a good cry? I have a high pain tolerance too and this just HURTS! The thing that makes me angry about it too is that it all could have been avoided had my daughter just listened to me in the first place. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

I had a can fall on my big toe once. The way it hit the toe caused tremendous pressure. I called the football stadium and had them find my parents to come get me to take me to the ER. They drilled a hole in my toenail to relieve the pressure. Only when he put the bandage back on, he put it on so tight, that there was still pressure. I eventually had to have the toenail taken off. That was in high school and it is fine now.
You probably will have to have something done to relieve the pressure if it is hurting that bad.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home