Friday, April 11, 2008

It's a little after 7 pm and the whole house is quiet!!

I don't know what to do with myself. I know what I SHOULD be doing...but I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet. The boys didn't take naps today and they wanted to go to bed early...so they went down a little after 6:30.

Deidra came home from school in a good mood, but she also came home with her very first F and Andy and I had a stern talk with her about her grades. Granted, it was 4 questions on it ( a story that she had to put the events in order)...but she got every one wrong. She has to redo it this weekend. She also got a 68 on her spelling test...Andy practiced those words with her all week long. I'm beginning to wonder if she gets nervous about her tests as she spells them fine here at home. All of her other papers were high 80s and high 90s. Anyway, we went to run errands and she just completely melted down in the store about how we all hate her because of her grades. She wasn't even going to get in the car to come home, she wanted to stay in the parking lot. Andy told her if she kept it up she was going to be grounded for the rest of the day. I wasn't sure that was the approach to take as something lately is clearly bothering her as she doesn't usually act like this. Anyway, I wasn't going to argue with him about punishment in front of her...so she got herself grounded. We got home, we weren't even home 10 minutes and she was asleep on the couch. She is out too...I tried to wake her for dinner...nope she wasn't budging.

Little J had some medication added to her regimen as of last night. She takes it three times a day. She was fine last night. I gave it to her this morning and the teacher said she couldn't even keep her eyes open in class. She sent her to the nurse and she took a hour and a half nap and still wasn't acting like herself. I reported it to my caseworker so they could get back to the doctor, but they agreed to see how she does over the weekend and if she's still having this much trouble by Monday they'd try to cut it back or change the dosage for her to see if that helps. I had to go get her from school early though as she just kept wanting to go back to sleep. She did look pretty out of it when I picked her up, I barely thought she was going to be able to stay awake long enough to walk to the car. She's pale and says her stomach hurts too and everyone...nurse and pharmacist said that's not a side effect of the drug...so I'm wondering if she doesn't have a bug or something now. I had to give her another dose before her visit and I guess she slept on her Dad's lap through most of the visit. She came home and crashed on the couch...woke up to eat dinner...and went to lay back down. I had to wake her up to give her her night time meds and she went right back to bed. She hasn't budged. I hope everyone falling asleep early, doesn't mean that they're going to try to wake up way early tomorrow morning. This Mommy needs some sleep herself after the week we've had! Flooding and tornadoes in the area...just lots of stressful things going on! I'm just glad it's the weekend!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home