Wednesday, April 09, 2008

An update on my beautiful baby girl...

Well, Monday came and Deidra cried and cried that she didn't want to go to school. This is so not like her. I finally got her dressed and ready to go and she clung to me crying. She told me her throat still hurt a little bit and she just wanted to spend the day with me. I told her that her fever was gone and that she needed to go back and I asked her if anything else was bothering her. It finally came out that she just wanted time with me without Little J around, she didn't want to feel that if she wanted time with her Mom that Little J always had to copy her and then they wound up competing for my attention. Little J has been telling her that she wants me to be her real mom too. I had to sit Little J down and let her know that I love her, she will always hold a special place in my heart, but that she is going to go back to her real mom and dad and that I can't be her forever mommy. I sat Deidra down in another room away from Little J and told her that she didn't have to worry and that I knew that right now she needed time with me and Andy and that we would make that for her. We loved her and we always would and that I knew it was hard with Little J being here right now, but we didn't have that much longer to go. I don't want her to have to feel like she has to compete for my attention or Andy's though and so I told her that we would start doing a little bit more with just her...even if it's just that she gets to stay up a few minutes later than everyone else at night so she can talk to us and sit on our laps and so forth. I try to give each child some special one-on-one throughout the day, but right now I guess Deidra is just needing a little bit more.

She went to school that day and when she got in the car she had a long face. Her teacher had moved her to the wall so that she couldn't sit by anyone on the day she was sick. She told me "Mom, I'm not bad..it's not fair." So, I had to leave a message for the teacher to call me when she had a free moment. We never did get a chance to talk with the water emergency...so I sent her an email today. Deidra asked me again if I would home school her next year. I think I need to pray about it and talk to Andy about it...and I thank my reader that left me a comment the other day about our county and what curriculum you use with your kids. Maybe I can meet you sometime and talk more about it to help make our decision.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of writing a book? You are phenomenal! You could take all what you've written hear and condense it into a fiction mommyhood book. Your life is so rich!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home