Friday, June 06, 2008

Making Detergents...

Lisanne, over at bathtubjunkie.net , piqued my interests the other day when she posted about making her own dishwashing detergent as well as laundry soap. It got me investigating making your own cleaners and so forth and I ran out to Wal-mart today and got stuff to make my own dishwashing detergent and liquid laundry soap.

I made Tropical Citrus Tango dishwashing detergent (it smells wonderful...I just hope it cleans wonderful) that I'm going to use when I run the dishwasher tonight.

I made Sun Dried Linen liquid laundry detergent and even Deidra commented that it smelled good when I was making it. I have to wait 24 hours until it gels up to start using it, but I can't wait to try it out.

This may have just sparked a new interest and hobby for me. It sounds weird to be interested in making your own cleaners and such, at least to me, but it was fun to do and I already have thoughts of other scents and so forth to try. :-)

This just makes me want to try my hand at making soaps too, but I don't know how to do that yet. Any soap makers out there want to give me some tips or easy recipes to start with?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where did you get the recipe?

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can post the address on my website if you'd like! Thanks.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home