Monday, June 23, 2008

Planning our 10-Year Anniversary

Planning Our 10-Year Anniversary
We've been talking about what we wanted to do for our 10-year wedding anniversary. We each had a couple different ideas. I wanted to get away from everything familiar and go on a cruise and just have that time together away from distractions and the everday things of our everyday lives. Andy wanted to go see Wicked...it's something he's wanted to see for quite awhile. I had also tossed out the idea of going to NYC or to London. We looked at the cruise books and decided that we may go around Thanksgiving or spring break next year. We decided finally on what we're going to do...Wicked is in the works along with our other plans. But, we decided we were going to retrace our history...this is Andy's idea and I thought it sounded incredibly romantic. So, now we're going to sit down one night this week and make the hotel arrangements and make our flight arrangements. Andy has an idea of where he wants us to stay even though I think it's a bit too expensive. But, it's a beautiful hotel and I told him it was up to him. I'm looking forward to our little get away. And to be honest, I really don't care where we go...I just want to spend the time with him.

I can't believe we've been married for 10 years already. I look at the things we've been through together and I know we can get through anything...we've been through a lot that's for sure. But, I'm just glad that we have each other and I love him more than anything. He sent me a card the other day too saying how he never would have thought we'd be where we are today when we first got married, but that now that we're here (Texas) he couldn't imagine it any other way and that I was the best wife he ever could have hoped for and that I was a great mother and that our children were lucky to have me. Everything that we've ever wanted has totally blossomed for us here and we are truly happy and feel very blessed. I love my husband and I'm so lucky to have him by my side. I know that no matter what life brings us, he'll see me through it and we grow stronger and stronger all the time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that's nice. Jamie and I are coming up on 10 years this year too, and I think we are going to renew our vows.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Congrats on 10 years!! We hit 10 next summer and plan to do a renewal ceremony, since we eloped the first time around :-)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home