Thursday, July 03, 2008

What Type of Ex am I?




You Are A Jealous Ex



You're not quite over your past, and you are hurt that your ex is moving on

You're no longer in love, but you're not done with being pissed

Jealous of any happiness that comes your ex's way, you still can't let go



I'm not too sure about this one. Granted, I only really dated one other person seriously before my hubby and I got together, so I don't have a lot of relationships to really go on when I did this quiz. But, I was surprised to see that it said I was jealous as I really don't get that vibe from myself. Why? Well, it's been about 13 years since I dated my ex and we have recently just gotten back in touch with one another and Andy and I are going to visit his twin brother and his family this weekend to spend the 4th of them as well as with another girl that we were all in band together with. My ex's twin brother was the first to contact me and we chatted a few times back and forth and made plans to meet up. Then, my ex and I got in contact with one another and we've sent a few emails back and forth and I've seen pics of them with their families. Was it weird to see him married with 3 children? Yes. Was I jealous? Not really. Did it make me think back of our dating times by seeing pics of him? Yes. But, I wouldn't say that I was jealous. I've been thinking about him quite a bit and certain things that had happened when we were together and so forth and I've wondered if he's been doing the same, but it's not like I'm ever going to ask him that or make anything of it. It's been nice to see what he's been up to and hear about his family and how he met his wife and so forth and it gave me a chance to apologize for a couple things from our relationship...maybe it didn't really matter to him all this time, but I felt bad and it did me some good to have the chance to say it. He was my first kiss and I can still remember it...our band trip to Disney World the day after Christmas all the way to New Years day...we sat in the back of the bus together and I slept cuddled up in his arms. Granted, we had dated for about 3 months by then and we had never kissed. We had just held hands and we pulled in to the hotel and we went to get out and I leaned over and kissed him. We got out and I went to my room and I was hyperventilating...I could not catch my breath for anything. He never knew that though. lol. But, his kiss had that effect on me a lot that week. We dated a year, broke up, got together a couple weeks later, dated another year, I brought my cousin to his high school graduation party because I was running late and my aunt had begged me to let her do my hair and make-up and she did it way too dark and I totally didn't look like me but I didn't have the time to go and wash it off or anything...my ex seemed like he was a good sport about it at the time...a couple days later when I called him he told me he didn't think we should see each other anymore. Fast forward, to a year later I saw him at the college we went to for the first time and he was at the end of the hallway where I was walking and his eyes lit up and he gave me a great big smile, I smiled back, but I didn't stop. Come to find out later, he wanted to ask me out that day, but he never got the chance as I wouldn't stop. (I found out from going to a friend's house to pick her up to go on an outing we had...she had 2 guys over that I had never met before....they came inside and one of them told me that I looked familiar and asked me what school I went to. I told them that I didn't know who they were...my friend comes out of her room and says "oh, that's Mark's ex-girlfriend" and I was trying to figure out how they knew Mark when I they said that they all worked at the lumber store together and then I hear one say "you're his EX-girlfriend?" I told him that we had broken up awhile back. He said that he still showed everyone my picture and told them that I was his girlfriend. I played around with email at school one day and finally figured out his (it really wasn't hard to figure out then) and I emailed him to see if he was dating anyone and he wrote back and said that he wasn't and asked if I was. I had already been dating Andy for a couple of months by that point and so I told him about it and he asked when that happened and I never heard from him again until a couple of weeks ago. Well, actually I shouldn't say that as I think I did see him a couple times where I worked, but I never got the chance to talk to him as I was working. I think part of me wanted to stop and talk to him whem I ran into him at school, but he had already broke my heart twice and I just couldn't do it again.

I found it interesting when he told me how he met his wife and that they dated off and on for 7 years before they decided to get married. I realized that just must have been a pattern with him, but I guess I just don't work that way. They've been married for 4 years now and he looks happy and his kids are adorable and I wish the best for him. It's been nice to talk with him off and on over the past few weeks.

We leave tomorrow to go see his twin brother and his family and I'm a little nervous after all this time, but yet I'm looking forward to it too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home