Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lots to pray about...

We talked to our caseworker yesterday about Baby J's behaviors...they've been getting really bad lately. Stuff that's been present really since day 1 that we've had him, but they seem to be getting worse now that he's a little bit older. We had to resort to putting a door alarm on his door or he was getting up at 4 am to get into stuff. Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been really bad and his temper tantrums are getting louder and longer. The occupational therapist told me that she wouldn't even bother with trying to put him in time out anymore, she'd just put him in his room so that he learns that he's not going to get the attention anymore if it's negative or positive. I told her that was a whole other battle as he will not stay in his room unless I'm physically outside his door redirecting him back in when he opens the door. That's hard to do when you've got 2 other toddlers downstairs that you're trying to observe as well. The bigger thing that has me concerned is that he will not leave his seatbelt alone and can undo the top harness which then gives him room to lean over and undo the actual car seatbelt so that he's totally unrestrained. I have to constantly check him and pull over and fix it and put him back in his carseat the right way each time. My caseworker thinks that maybe he needs to just be the only one in the house with Deidra right now after the girls left. I just don't know if that's going to make a difference however, it's something to consider.

Then, we had the visit with the girl's caseworker and we were talking about whether the girls were going to be moved to the friend of mom's...turns out she's going through some things and they just don't know if it's going to be too much for her to support the kids while going through all of that especially when they're not hers and you don't know if it's a temporary or permanent situation. She did say that they were going to see how the mom does over the next 2 months and if she doesn't make much more progress on her caseplan they would probably be changing the goals. I know it all changes and can change on a day to day basis...but I know deep down that Mom loves her kids and I hope that she can get it together to get them back. Caseworker asked us if we were ok with them staying longer and I said yes. Our agency worker told us to think about what we wanted to do if they didn't reunify. So, lots to pray about.

The weird thing is that my Mom just said not that long ago and she was starting to see us as one big family that just belonged together. She thinks the girls really do pass as Deidra's sisters and lots of people have said that. We'll see what the future brings though...I don't want to get ahead of myself and anything can happen at this point. I am rooting for Mom though. I like her and deep down I know she loves her kids.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home