Friday, January 02, 2009

God's little instruction book for couples...

I need to start doing some daily devotions again. They really help me to focus on the day and it gives me some time to spend in God's word as well.

I opened up this book that my Mom had given me a long time ago and read the first page.

The family begins in a commitment of love.

For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. -Ephesians 5:31

There's been some things going on since our marriage that have made this a struggle at times. Family belittles one of us and the spouse doesn't stick up for the other spouse. Arguments come up and again the spouse doesn't stick up for the other spouse or is left feeling like they have to choose. I don't want to go into details or name names for you know what I am talking about, Abba. I put them all into your Hands and pray for forgiveness for all of those times and that you will help Andy and I to know what to do in those circumstances when those things happen in the future.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home