Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby, it's COLD outside!

It was just 76 the other day (although with the wind it definitely felt a lot colder) and that night the winds picked up even more and the temps fell to 32. My Mom emailed me yesterday to ask if we were staying warm. She said that she could see me bundling all the kids up like we used to have to in MI. We were all at home yesterday due to being sick, but I did have to go run to the drugstore once and man was that cold enough.

Andy got up this morning and had to scrape the ice off of all of his windows before he could leave for work. Just as he went outside the phone rang...I thought it was going to be Andy telling me something. It was the school. They had an automated message telling us that "due to increment weather they had issued a 2-hour delay." I don't see anything on the roads at all. Granted, Texans WORRY about snow/ice badly and they are pro-active about their concerns. Sometimes I'd like to set them in the middle of a MI snowstorm just to see what they would do. Andy left for work and I guess Deidra will be going in 2 hours late today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home