Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Our family had a very blessed Christmas. I took Deidra with me to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and it was absolutely beautiful. She slept through about 90% of it, but it was still nice to have her with me. I also saw an old friend that I used to work with and it was great to see him too. We talked for a bit afterwards and he went and said hello to my Mom and prayed with her for a bit and I think that did her good too. It was really nice to see him again as I hadn't seen him since last Christmas. We came home and I got Deidra settled in bed and then I went to bed myself as it was already almost 2 am. We were up at 7:30 to see what Santa had brought. The kids were definitely spoiled and very blessed in all their gifts. Deidra got a Playstation 2 (it was my brothers but he just upgraded to an XBOX 360) and we all got her a ton of games to play. Besides our new living room furniture, Andy got me an iced tea maker that I had been wanting and a double stroller (the sit and stand) so now I can actually get out with all the kids and do stuff when I want to now rather than worrying about the kids all running in different directions. I got Andy some spicy hot sauce to make chili with (it was a set of 3 as he's been on a hot kick lately), 2 beer kits, and some playstation 2 games. The kids all were definitely spoiled...lots of play stuff...they got a new kitchen, cottage, tent, and shopping carts, play food, tea sets, new bikes, puzzles, craft stuff, dolls, toys galore...my brother got me a pear bath set, a Christmas card that literally brought tears to my eyes, and my Mom got me some outdoor chairs, a book (The Shack), a picture frame for above our mantle, and some fridge magnets and a kitchen cooking tile. It was a beautiful Christmas...dinner was good. Mom and I took a long walk afterwards and I enjoyed the time I spent with her. It was a beautiful day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home