Friday, December 26, 2008

Time to make some friends and do some stuff for me and others...

Andy has really been getting into frisbee golf lately and he's been playing with his co-workers. They're talking about starting up a team and playing frequently. I got rather resentful about it and I know I'm in the wrong. I told him to go and play and not to worry about me. Just because I don't really know anyone down here doesn't give me the right to hold him back because I want his company when he's not working. I've been thinking about it and Andy told me if I wanted to go out a couple nights a week or something that he'd be glad to watch the kids so I can have a break. I have such a hard time with me being so shy with making friends. He asked me why I didn't ask another fosterparent out for coffee or something. I don't know who to ask...

But, I also had the thought of getting involved in some volunteer work...maybe volunteering at a homeless shelter to feed the homeless or something. I feel a pull in this direction and it would be a way to serve God at the same time. So, I may look into doing something like this one or two Saturdays a month. I'm going to keep praying about it and see where God leads me...I know He'll open the door if I take the steps forward.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home