Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Got Josiah all signed up to go to Pre-K

What a long process...after being at the school for 3 hours I got Josiah all signed up to go to pre-k. They qualified him based on the letter from the state saying that he qualified for free preschool because of his history of being in foster care. Otherwise we made too much money for him to go. She said that when it goes to review, we may still get a letter saying that he didn't qualify, but for now he's set to go. I'm standing in faith that he will be all set to go. I really worry about his behaviors and how he's going to do in school. We have really been working on listening, not being demanding, waiting for things, not being agressive, to quit having accidents, and sitting still. He is making slow progress some days and other days he's as hyper as ever. My OT says that either he's going to pull it together for school and completely fall apart once he's home or he's just going to be a mess at school and we're going to get calls all of the time. I know we just have to see how he does. I just worry too that he's going to get bored. He is surpassing Emma in what she knows and he's 10 months younger than her. He's writing his name, he's writing his letters and saying the sounds that they make, he knows his shapes and his colors and his numbers. So, I think this year will just be really important for him to learn social behaviors and such. He is SO smart and picks things up so easily. I don't know how many times he just heard me trying to teach Emma something and when we'd work on it again, he was the one repeating it back to me where she struggled with it for a long time. Obviously, they learn differently and I'm ok with that, I'm just amazed at how bright he is. Then again, when we had him tested, he does have a high IQ so it shouldn't really surprise me. I'm excited for him to go to school this year though and see the progress that he will make.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home