Saturday, August 14, 2010

54-day novena

We've been dealing with some things with Josiah for a long time and a friend of my Mom's called me up last weekend and said that my Mom had shared with her the struggles that I was having with Josiah and my worries and she suggested that the 3 of us (her, myself, and my Mom) pray a 54-day rosary novena for Josiah. She started it on Sunday and Mom and I started it on Monday. I've been praying for him on a lot of things and I had a small breakthrough with him yesterday. He's never really shown remorse when he misbehaves or hurts someone. He asked to say the dinner prayer last night and I let him go ahead and say it and he apologized for getting sick and throwing up on the carpet. I told him that was ok and that he didn't need to say sorry for that. He couldn't help it. He went on to say that he was thankful for his family and that he liked Mommy, Daddy, Emma, Tracie, Melina, and Deidra. He said he was sorry for being bad and for not listening to Mommy and Daddy and for hurting Emma earlier that day. It just made me smile...an answered prayer. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home