Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a Day! AFP Day 23

What a day! I'm trying to hang in there and stay positive as I know it's just a dya of testing and my attitude through it all is what will get me through. I woke up feeling cruddy...lots of nausea, very tired, killer headache. Tested my blood sugar and it was 333. Gave myself some insulin...trying to feed the baby and I just felt like I was going to throw up. Andy left for work and I put a call into the doctor to see if I could come in for lab work so we could get some better insulin coverage going. I'm going to have to pay for the lab costs out of pocket as I'm out of diagnostic money with my policy for the year...but I can't go around with blood sugars like this anymore and they've never gotten this high before. The nurse called me back a couple hours later and asked me a bunch of questions and told me I could come in for labs. Josiah has been a little terror all morning and was into everything non-stop and I was constantly chasing him all over out of everything. He got some water to drink and I turn around and he's purposely dumping it all over the counter tops watching it trickle onto the floor. I made him help me clean it up.

I take Tracie to school and Josiah went running just about took out the table and some kids. Finally got him to slow down and we get back in the van. The nurse called me back to ask me a couple more questions and Josiah's underfoot and wouldn't be quiet and I'm carrying Melina in one arm and the phone in the other and he knew I couldn't do anything about it. Pushed button after button with this huge grin on his face. Once I got off the phone, he did a time in with me and we talked. I told him that I had to go in for labwork at the doctor and that he better behave while we were there.

We get to the doctor's office and had to wait in line to check in and he started throwing himself on the floor screaming "leave me alone." All because I wanted him to stay by me as he kept trying to run off. I checked in, got my paper for the lab, pulled him off to the side and told him that he needed to show these people what a good boy that he could be and that he needed to quit with the temper tantrums. When they took me for labs, he sat really still next to Melina and asked me if they were going to make me cry. I told him that I'd be brave and then he just sat and watched the whole process and telling Melina that I was ok. I praised him big time for being such a big boy.

I took him to school and I took Melina in for her 7 month (Christmas pics) pictures. She didn't want to cooperate much and then she tried to fall off the table, not once, but twice, and just about gave me a heart attack. Then, when it came time to order the pictures, she told me which pose was my $7.99 package (I've always been able to pick before) and it was ok, but it wasn't the one that I really wanted. I started adding sheets of 3 other poses that were really cute and she told me that if I was going to do that I should just order the $100 package. I looked at her and said "why would I do that for 3 sheets?" She said that I was already over $60. That didn't make sense to me at all so I asked her if the sheets were $12.99 how I had gotten up that far. She said "they're $20 a sheet." I go in there every month and do her pics and have never paid that much and she knows who I am by first name basis. I wound up ordering the $7.99 package, a sheet of another really cute pose, and then I ordered a picture collage of her other 3 poses that I really liked. I went and paid the $62 and she took a phone call as I was getting Melina back in her car seat and it hit me...she never did my buy one get one frees from my picture saver card. I asked her "doesn't the computer store my smile saver info?" All of a sudden she said, I totally forgot that you had that. She said "I need to order you another collage and another sheet of the extra pose that you odered." I told her I really didn't need another My 1st Christmas collage and could I pick a different pose. She told me they changed it and whatever you bought is what you got for the free sheets. I haven't had to do that in the past. I really think, she just didn't want to have to go back in the system and mess with it all again. By that point, Melina was really done and was fussy and so I just left. We're going for family pics at Portrait Innovations on Saturday morning anyway. I think I'm going to take her somewhere else for her 8 month pictures (maybe Penney's).

Then, I ran and got Tracie from school and we went to go look for Christmas bows in the consignment store...no such luck. We go to get Josiah and he's not outside and his teacher is waving me to drive up by her. He pooped his pants on purpose and wouldnt' fess up to anything and the teacher said she had to smell him out to figure out where the smell was coming from. She needed me to go clean him up and change him in the nurses office. So, I had to unload Melina and Tracie from the van and go in to get him. The nurse says "I have underwear but not any clothes, so do you want to change him here or just take him home." I looked at the baby who was starting to fuss in her car seat and asked her for a plastic bag and told her I was taking him home. Got him in the shower and cleaned up and he had to put the dirty clothes in the washer and clean up the floor where he got poop all over and talked to him about why he did that. He said "I was mad." Asked him about what and he said "I don't know. I just didn't want to go to the potty." His teacher says they don't have to ask to use the bathroom, they can just go whenever they need to. He was mad at me for making him clean himself up and take care of his clothes, but he did say that he'd use the potty next time, so I guess that helped to get the point across that he's too big of a boy to be doing that.

Came home and tested my blood sugars and I'm 282. Still pretty high, but I'm glad that I'm not in the 300s anymore. I don't think I'm going to eat much for dinner.

Deidra and Emily went on a playdate...I'm just hoping that Emily behaves herself this time. She missed out when she was asked a few days ago, so I'm hoping that makes her think twice before she treats her friend badly.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home