Thursday, May 24, 2012

What a breath of fresh air...

Days like today give me the hope to go on, hope for the future, that my kids can heal. The kids had a half day today and truthfully, I've been dreading summer vacation lately. I love my kids, but their behavior issues get me down sometimes and with the 3 of them going all at once it can be like a zoo in here somedays. Today, was a day that I really needed...I was in the middle of cleaning when the kids came home from school...we got a snack and played outside for a bit and the kids volunteered to help do various chores and we got the house cleaned up TOGETHER. No fits, no rages, no arguing, we worked TOGETHER and we had a very joyful day TOGETHER. It's days like this that are few and far between, but I treasure them...it gives me hope for the future and that my kids can overcome their struggles. Thank you, Jesus, for such a beautiful day of working TOGETHER and giving us all a day of peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Adelle Gabrielson said...

I love those moments of peace in the household - it gives us something to hold on to! I understand your feelings entirely - but the nice thing is, that, when it all comes down to it, they love each other. They really, really do. Stopping by from MOBS.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home