Monday, August 09, 2004

My Baby's 1st Day of Preschool

Hi Abba. I just sent my baby off for her 1st day of preschool. She's very excited about going and can't wait to show her teacher and her friends her toys that she brought. It's a sad day for us though as we struggle with guilt for not being able to be home with her like we were so she always had at least one of us with her. We were glad to have Jamie help us out over these past 6 weeks, as we at least were comforted by the fact that she was with family. We pray that Jamie's surgery will go well today too, Lord. Anyway, please keep our little Deidra safe today. Help her teacher to make her feel at home at school today and give her a little friend or two that will play with her nicely today. Help her do well. She's very excited, but I know this is a new thing for her too and I just want everything to go well for her today. She's my baby, Abba...keep her safe and happy. I'll wonder what she's doing and what she's learning all day and the sad thing about it is that I won't even be home from work early enough today to hear about how her first day went in her own words. I told Daddy to have her call me at work, so hopefully they will. She'll be in bed before I get home for another early day tomorrow. She did really well going to bed so early last night and she even slept in her own room, so we were thankful for that. I just wish we didn't have to get her up at 5:15. I hope they'll let her go back to sleep when she gets there rather than making them stay up until rest time at noon. I want her to be a happy girl today. Bless my little Deidra today and always, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home