Sunday, November 14, 2004

My Marriage

Hi Abba. My marriage has it's ups and downs and it's something that Andy and I are always trying to work on. Sometimes we don't spend the time that we should improving it and other times we do. But somehow I've learned over the last little while that with everything that we've been through our marriage is greatly blessed. We're still together through the good and the bad, even though sometimes it seems like we've had more bad than good. And I've learned that staying together is really what counts. I've seen some couples go through things that we've been through and now they're no longer together, so I'm learning that our marriage is strong. Yes, there have been times where leaving or walking away for awhile seemed the easier thing to do, but we're both determined to make this marriage work and I know that we have You, Abba, to thank for the blessing of our marriage. When I think of everything that we've been through in the 6 years of marriage that could have split us up...IL problems, infertility, job loss, financial problems, bankruptcy, infertility again and we're still not out of the woods with finances...I'm glad that we made it through everything. There's been a lot of times that we've felt that we didn't have the support in our marriage that we were truly wanting, but we made it through and we're still together. I will admit too that I look at the past 6 years and I think of everything we've been through in the past and it does scare me to think that of all the time that we still have together and that we've really only been through maybe a 1/6 of marriage and I wonder what all we'll go through together in the next 60 years. But, I do know that we have your blessings, Abba, or we wouldn't have made it this far. Thank you for blessing our marriage. Keep us together, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home