Tuesday, June 21, 2005

God bless the little children of the world

Now, I'm singing the tune that we learned at Sunday school. :-)

Hi Abba! Just wanted to come to you today and ask that you bless all the little children of the world today. They are so precious and innocent. Please put it on these parents hearts what a blessing children really are. I was blessed this past week and didn't even know it. I was sitting in the breakroom and these guys were talking about their children (that they knew of) and they were making jokes about paying child support and how their kids were so bad. One guy made a comment about if you have 10 kids out of wedlock, you didn't have to pay child support, so just shoot for 10. I really had to bite my tongue and I was on the verge of tears. These poor little children didn't ask for parents like this. Why oh why can't these parents realize that children are such blessings and not everyone is privileged to have them. But, it just broke my heart in two to hear them talking about their children like this. Sure, I can understand having bad days with your children, there are times that Deidra tests me as well, but I have never said anything bad to her or about her. I wouldn't trade her for anything and feel so blessed to be a mother.

Anyway, fast forward a couple of days and I was working up at returns and one of the rather new guys came up to returns and he said to me "you know, I was watching your facial expression the other day." I was lost as I didn't know what he was referring to and then he told me that he was in the break room that day and he had seen how troubled that conversation had made me. I explained to him that we had to try awfully hard to get Deidra and it just really bothers me to hear people talk about children that way. He wanted to let me know that if I had opened my mouth and voiced my opinions that he would have backed me up. I got tears in my eyes and I told him the reason I really didn't say anything was not because I didn't want to, but I knew how emotional I would have become in there and figured it was best to keep my mouth shut. He patted me on the back and told me that he's seen me with Deidra and he said you can see it on my face how much she means to me and that I am a good mom. Gosh, is it nice to hear things like that some times. I never even had realized that he had been in there when that discussion was even going on. Mom tells me that You speak through others at times and I'd like to believe that compliment came from you. I certainly try, Abba, to be the best mom that I can be and although I've made mistakes along the way and will in the future too, I am trying to be the best mom that I can be to that little girl and hope that you will bless us soon with more children of our own...whether they come from my own womb or someone elses. :-) Give all the little children your blessing today, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home